Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Here's your hat - what's your hurry?


Over at Steve Dobson's Fisherman's Blog, there is a post or two on the topic of fishing hats. My wife likes to travel and I always have the same request: "Bring me back a hat." Some of the hats she brings me I actually wear. In this case, the "Cool as a Breeze" model from BC Hats (Australia) has become my "go to" hat for fishing, gardening, boating - even mowing the lawn.

Let me tell you what makes it work for me. First, the brim is wide enough to provide a generous oasis of cool shade on a sunny day. Second, the crown is made from a nylon mesh that lets the breezes flow through. Third, it has a soft absorbent cotton "sweat band". Fourth, it is lightweight - made of sturdy canvas, but not as heavy as their leather models. Fifth, the adjustable lanyard keeps it from blowing off when you have an irresistible urge to stick your head out the window of the pickup and holler, "G'day, mate!"

No comments: