Monday, March 24, 2008

Opening Day

On Tuesday, April 1st, sport fishing season will open on Nova Scotia rivers and lakes. Seniors' fishing licenses are available at $6.03 (tax included), a general license for the season costs $25.32 (tax included) for residents of Nova Scotia and $57.45 for non-residents. Non-residents also have the option to purchase a seven-day license for $31.74. In addition, a one-day license (resident or non-resident) can be obtained for $12.46.

No license is required to fish in tidal waters; however seasons and bag limits are still in effect. Residents under the age of 16 do not require a license except for salmon, and licenses for qualified disabled persons are free of charge. The Nova Scotia Angler's Handbook is provided to anyone who purchases a license, but also is available online.

Good Luck and Good Fishin'!
Random Phrump

5 comments:

Trotsky said...

Hey there...
I have just discover your Blog and just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading it..
I hope you mind me stopping in once in while to fish the east vicariously through your writing.
I am however a bait trotting Steelheader from the Great Lakes...so I will understand if you ban me!
:o)
..Also a Jazz Guitar hacker.
Later and tight lines.
Gene

Trotsky said...

I meant "don't mind ".... I typically type faster than I think....which is not saying much.
Out

Random Phrump said...

Welcome, Gene:

Nice to hear from you! I enjoyed your guitar playing on No Greater Love very much... very fluid... no hacking there!

That right elbow thing - have you considered the possibility of it being RSI (Repetitive Stress Injury) from using a computer mouse? I'm not joking - I have the same symptoms.

I'd like to post a link to your sites, if you don't mind.

Thanks for the kind words.

Trotsky said...

No problem about the link and thanks for the kind words.
It is most definately a RSI. I have recently completed a firearms training course where we were required to draw pistols hundreds of times a day for three weeks. I have some extended leave this summer and hope that I will have a chance to heal it up properly.......justin time for the fall Steelhead run.
;o)

Steve Dobson said...

Fishing guitar players.

There has to be a joke in there somewhere. Something about scales maybe...
I'd be interested in hearing a little more about the steelhead you are chasing Trotsky.
We have limited opportunities for them in this neck of the woods although I've fished for them in Cape Breton with out success. Ended up going salmon fishing which is not a bad consolation.

RP - you must have had some adventures with them over the years. I'm betting your Rumsey Lake Minnow would be a killer in those crystal clear rivers.

Cheers,
Steve