Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dick Tracy, do you read me?




When I was a kid I used to enjoy reading the classic Dick Tracy series in the daily comics. The best thing about Dick Tracy was the cool wristwatch that he always wore. It was a miniature 2-way communication device featuring wireless audio and video. I always wondered if someday everyone would have one. We're not quite there yet, but here's a new fish-finder device, the Humminbird Smartcast 35 - the ultimate in portability for $80 USD retail.



The green thing is a remote, wireless transducer that bobs in the water, securely attached to you or your watercraft by a tether. The wristwatch device shows depth, water temperature, bottom structure, and fish ID. Steve Schweitzer over at Global FlyFisher has a review of this product that makes me think float tubers, pontoon-boaters and kayakers might want to take a closer look.

Good Luck and Good Fishin'

RP

No comments: