Sunday, June 24, 2007

"It’s a small world, but I wouldn’t want to have to paint it." Steven Wright




The first time I put the boat in the river, I noticed a steady trickle seeping in from under the seat - right where that egg-sized glob of a patch had been applied. To make the best of a bad situation, I took my rod along, and headed for the mouth of Mink Trap Brook where Tim McKinnon usually catches some fine Brook Trout. The 2 HP Honda outboard started without too much trouble - even though it was the first time I'd had her out in 2 years. Managed to catch and release one 10 inch trout - not quite in the same category as Tim's lunkers. Now the boat must go to a man who will weld a patch on her. I think I'll take the wooden seats out and give them a coat of Benjamin Moore porch floor enamel while he's at it.

Photo by Random Phrump: Forteau, Labrador.

No comments: